Saturday, April 21, 2018

Virgo Kitty from SheepSki Designs


Sharing another card done for several of the Outlawz challenges using the sweet Virgo (image#49), available both with and without the Zodiac sign, from SheepSki Designs. It's the current offering for monthly Progressive Freebie Challenge.  Thank you so much, Andrea!  You know I love your kitties!  Since I've been practicing with Prismacolor pencils, with help from the Kit and Clowder monthly classes, I printed him a bit lighter on Mi Teintes paper so I could furry him up a bit.  Gotta say it took me all day, but I enjoyed every minute and am quite pleased with the outcome.



The colors are from the Outlawz Tuesday Color challenge and for once, I'm not last minute for that one.  I'd already started coloring the kitty and wasn't sure if that was black or brown on the swatch, but I think I've got it covered in the DP.  However, I got so wrapped up in figuring out a card design, I sort of forgot the twist, although maybe the 3D Stickers from JoLee's will work for that.



This shows the sentiment tag that slips behind the image.  I've used my Stitched Tags dies from Gina Marie again and the sentiment from Elizabeth Crafts.  I added punched butterflies like the one in the image and  colored them to match.  The crinkle ribbon is from DL.Art.

I'm also entering this in the new SheepSki Designs FB challenge which is AG with optional twist use 2 colors (maybe next time) as well as the SheepSki Blog challenge #13 Animal Magic, the SUYP (cats only) April Furrything Goes challenge, the DL.Art April Linky Challenge, Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #80 AG, 2 Crafty Critter Crazies AG/w critter, Always Fun Challenges #54 Use kraft, CCC Digi Creations Include an Animal, Jo's Scrap Shack FFC#230 AG, Crafty Animals #13 AG with Animal and TTRCD Week of April 17th AG.

10 comments:

  1. Love the use of kraft paper and your image is fabulous. Thanks for sharing at Always Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing card with awesome colouring Andrea. With both my hats on -Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith TTCRD DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've coloured this kitty Donna, it's gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at the Outawz Colour Challenge!
    Jacqui DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do the most fantastic cards. Just love it... Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Ro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the papers you used and your kitty is very sweet! Love the pull out sentiment tag, too; so fun! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful layout :)
    thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs Challenges. i hope you’ll join us again 🙂
    Greetings
    DT heike 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the expression on this chaps face. Love your colouring. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great matching of the image with the background paper and embellishments. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really amazing colouring Donna. Such a wonderful card. Superb fur technique. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!