Monday, October 2, 2017

Clean and Simple for Aurora Wings



Do you believe it's October?  Holy Smokes, time sure flies!  Still struggling with computer issues, but now that the big party at my house is over, I'll be putting hubby back to work to retrieve my digis.  Fortunately, I worked ahead on this one for the latest Aurora Wings Challenge Theme, Clean and Simple.



I've used the adorable Little Tomte, available exclusively HERE on AW.com. She is carrying a fluffy dandelion seed so I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to add some texture and fill in some of the "white space", which in this case IS actually white.  I flipped the image in order to work better with the embossing folder and added Sparkly Fluff flocking with a bit of silver tinsel to both the seed she's carrying and the embossed dandelion heads.  I've also scored down the 4 sides of the image and added a small sentiment sticker by Tim Holtz.



Here's a closeup of Little Tomte.  She's colored with Copics with a traditional red hat.  A tomte is a mythological creature from Nordic folklore who protected the farmstead.  They are now most often associated with Christmas and delivering of gifts by sleigh (like Santa) pulled by the goats (rather than reindeer).  I've loved these little creatures since I was a child as my heritage is Swedish on my mother's side.  I think this little gal is especially cute and you can see her in in another exclusive multi set HERE, giving you 4 digis for the price of one.

Be sure to visit the Aurora Wings Challenge blog to view the fabulous inspiration from the Stella team and come play along.  After all, CAS is supposed to be quick and simple to make as well, so there's no excuse not to enter.  (Unless you tend to over think it like I do) LOL

Be sure to check out the Challenge 57 winners and results of the September FB contest.   The new October contest in the Stamps by Aurora Wings FB Group will be up shortly as well.


Here's how to keep up with what's happening at Aurora Wings.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful coloring as always and that embossing fits the image perfect. The whole card is so darn cute. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Donna, the embossing is perfect for this little guy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the little image. And the embossing. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.
    Xx Grietje DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome, love this idea and the card you made, perfect for this challenge, thank you so much for this inspiration, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely CAS card, Donna! The red and white is bold and striking, not to mention how good this project looks on your current blog layout, and the contrast of the large embossed design and the tiny gingham check pattern on the background paper look so cute and fun together. Did I ever tell you I originally designed my Little Tomte as a toddler because I liked how Tomtes have those cute pointy hats, but most of them are creepy old men with beards? I'm glad you made such an adorable card with this little one! Thank you so much for this sweet inspiration for our CAS challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That embossing folder fits your Little Tomte perfectly! So happy you linked up to the Cropstop blog, and I hope I'll see more of your work in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is brilliant!

    Thanks for playing along at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love your embossing with this image.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER CUTE card!
    LOVE your image and colouring, love your design with the embossing too, they work perfectly together!
    Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!