Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Baby's First Christmas Tag


Here's one more tag using the adorable Not-So-Helpful Christmas Penguins from Scrap N' Dipity.  She's such a cutie, she had to be pink and I kept thinking how sweet for a Baby's first Christmas.  I made her for the 12 Days of Christmas celebration at the Markers! Papers! Digis! FB Group but added all the sparkle to join the Scrap N' Group November Glitter Challenge (which happens to start mid-month so you still have 'til Dec 15th to enter).



The various textures I've used on the penguin and background are a little hard to see, so here's another view.  I paper pieced the stocking with digital paper from Gecko Galz (that I've shrunk down to mini size) and added flocking to the toe and Flower Soft to the cuff.  I colored the penguin with Copics and added a sheet of Be Creative Tape so I could then dust her with microfine glitter, but I added her eyes and fussy cut little beak beforehand. She's popped on a panel of glitter lace. 

That panel was made with a large piece of open lace was adhered to another piece of Be Creative Tape.  I first applied pink glitter to the openings in the lace, then carefully lifted it off after dusting off the excess.  Then I sprinkled on the microfine clear over the whole piece and it stuck to where the lace had been, leaving the pattern.  It was a larger piece, but it had been on my crafting table for several years so I decided it was time to use it and cut it to fit the tag. The trim was pinched with a MS punch, also left on my table from a previous project and I used silver border stickers and hearts to finish it off.  Although I'm thrilled to have used up some scraps, it doesn't begin to put a dent in the mounds of stuff I have EVERYWHERE.  LOL

I'm also adding this to the DL.Art November Linky Challenge, the Outlawz Twisted Thursday ATG Challenge, Holly Jolly Christmas Anything but a Card, Tuesday Throwdown Make a Tag, In the Pink Cute and Cuddly and Dream Valley Winter Animals.

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Love that it was kept in the pink color family rather than Christmas colors.
    Thanks for sharing with the Tuesday Throwdown Tag challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you were able to come and play with us at In The Pink and this tag is absolutely perfect for our cute and cuddly challenge :-)
    All the little details and the sparkly touches are fab, and it is nice to use up scraps isn't it?
    I hope we will see you again soon at In The Pink!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute tag. Pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation. Donna. Love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!