Sunday, May 1, 2016

Hang in There!


I spend quite a bit of time in the Sandra Caldwell Stamp Fans FB Group and the 2nd round of the Progressive challenge just ended.  The theme was "Circle or Square with a Ribbon and Tear."  Isn't that cute?  I had loads of ideas for this one and hoped I could enter more than once, but my Birthday Week sort of crimped my crafting (not that I mind, of course) so this is the only one that got made.



Here's a closeup of Hanging Around Monkey.  To tell you the truth, monkeys have never been in my Top 10 animal faves, but this little guy totally stole my heart.  He's colored with Copics in regular monkey colors, but I can't wait to try him in girly fantasy colors.  Wouldn't that be cute?



I think it's hard to see the tears in that first pic, so here's the side view.  The DP's are from the ancient DCWV Safari Kids Stack and are not double sided, so I cut a circle with my Spellbinders in the (approximate, LOL) center, tore it into 6 pieces, and attached them from the back after inking with Distress and curling them a bit.  I was going for a more masculine look so the cool May Arts ribbon was just attached at the sides and I've added 3 corduroy button brads to the corners and a computer generated sentiment.

Be sure to check out Sandra's FB Group.  There's new releases to her Etsy Shop every Monday and "sneaky Sandra" comes up with all kinds of fun games and contests, many that don't even include crafting (like suggesting names for new digis or offering suggestions for what you'd love to see in her shop).  It's a fun and supportive group for those who love Sandra's quirky images.  Hope to see you there.  

I'm entering this in the DL.Art May Linky Challenge613 Avenue Create ATG challenge, the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #33 ATGSimon Says Wednesday ATG, the Outlawz Monday Greeting Cards ATG Challenge, The Ribbon Girl ATG, A Beautiful Mess ATG, Creative Fingers ATG, Art Impressions Creative Critters, TTRCD April 26-May 2 ATG, Jade's Sparkling Butterflies Add a Sentiment  and Aud Sentiments Animal + Sentiment

8 comments:

  1. This is Awesome Donna I love the tear great take on the challenge - I love the green
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love that cheeky monkey. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Ave Create and hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a fantastic job on this card. I adore that cute monkey and the centre ripping is genius and really makes the monkey pop. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw ~Jennifer ~DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is little cuties is making smile. What a delightfully sweet card! The colors are amazing and I love your design. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni, DT
    audsentimentschallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable monkey image and love the scenery and all the embellishments. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable!!! Love your design and all the embellishments you chose!! Great card!! Thanks for playing along with us this time at Creative Fingers :)
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a cute little monkey, Donna! And your surrounding jungle is perfect with him! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card.. love the cute Image Donna.Thank you so much for joining us at A Beautiful Mess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!