Monday, December 21, 2015

Warm and Fuzzy with Aurora Wings


A new challenge starts today at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog with the theme of "Warm and Fuzzy". I gotta say I had loads of ideas for this one, especially involving Christmas and kitties, but decided at the last minute to switch gears. I mean, who doesn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from a sweet little baby girl, especially when she's all sleepy eyed in jammies with her blankie?  EEEEK! LOVE!



The adorable image is Sleepy Bunny Elf (also available HERE in the AW digi shop). Couldn't you just eat her up?  I printed her several times on both white and pink card stock.  Her skin is colored with Copics and I've fussy cut up a storm to add flocked layers to her bunny jammies and slippers.  Gotta say, I love to flock ;D.  Such an easy way to add texture to your project by running the piece upside down through your Xyron, pouring on the flock and rubbing it in, until you get the coverage you want.  I generally use white on colored card stock which mutes the shade beautifully.  More warm fuzzies with the pom pom bunny tail and the wispy white hair cut from marabou trim.




Here's the dimensional view.  Love that she's sucking her thumb. (True confession:  I did 'til the 4th grade, not in public mind you, just in bed at night, and my teeth turned out fine, without braces, thank you very much.) One thing about adding dimension here.  Adhesive doesn't stick to flocked surfaces, at least for very long, so you might want to used liquid glue on your foam.  I find Fabric Fusion works especially well.



I've added a heart doily behind her and more "warm fuzzies" in the form of a small piece of chenille fabric I've had in my stash forever.


And surprise! this is actually a little gift box.  I know, don't faint, it's been quite awhile since I used my Cricut.  The box, bow and sentiment comes from the Close to my Heart Artiste Cartridge. 



Finally, I added one more "warm and fuzzy" detail in the form of some fuzzy rick rack.  Hope you like and will come join our "Warm and Fuzzy" challenge at Aurora Wings.



P.S. Sleepy Bunny Elf makes and adorable Baby Boy project, too. Here's one I did earlier.  So what makes YOU feel all "warm and fuzzy"?


Here's how to keep up with all that's happening at Aurora Wings.




13 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great gift box!! Your blog posts are always filled with great technical info and close-up look at the projects, but wow, that was a fun surprise! All the well-thought-out details are hallmark of your makes, but I just LOVE the wispy hair you added to the Sleepy Bunny Elf for this one! It's 'melt your heart' precious!! Thank you again for another great inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings, Donna! Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun that flock is added to her bunny PJs & slippers! And that project is incredible Donna - what a great gift for a new baby girl! Oh, and I love how you did the little wisp of hair - nice! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C : [ ATG / no twist]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two baby cards are adorable. I love the texture of the flocking. Happy Holidays to You Donna. Thank You for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday December Linky Challenge. Katie-DTMember

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute cards :))) very beutiful cards and The design is great
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci :))
    TTCRD DT
    ciccividpennan {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the embossing on the sentiment! Nice project all the way around! Thanks for sharing this cutie with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely design all around! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so sweet. The coloring is wonderful.


    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing gift box, the 3D image is so wonderful. You just out done yourself with all the fuzzy stuff I just love that. The white hair is great. Fantastic for treasures for years. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww... This image is perfect for a boy too, it's all up to your choice of colors, I love images this versatile. Love the little piece of hair! An adorable box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year;-))m

    ReplyDelete

  11. Your card is very beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an attitude!
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello gorgeous lady! I am back in the blogger world and yours is the first blog I hunted down to follow. So glad to see you still creating beautiful work. Your art makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!