Monday, August 3, 2015

Fur and Feathers/Tooth and Claw


It's another Macabre Monday, time for a new challenge at HDH with the theme of Fur and Feathers/Tooth and Claw.  I think I've got it covered.  LOL  I've used Poe Cat and snatched the Raven off of Poe Skull Bust, both from the fabulous Ike's Art.  Both the red feather and Nevermore Background sheets are from the Poe Boy Digi paper pack from Smeared Ink (counting the days 'til the shop reopens)  I've added a cool metal claw from and black feather that I've dabbed with red nail polish.



I colored both digi's with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils, and fussy cut.  The blood spatter is stamped with Barn Door Distress from the Inky Dreams rubber set from Smeared ink and covered with Glossy Accents for shine.  I've also added Glossy Accents to the cat's eyes (or socket, if you must) and the blood drips on the teeth and feathers.

14 comments:

  1. Oooo how deliciously evil! Love this so unique! Bad day to be a Raven, huh? LOL Thanks for playing with us at Ike's World Challenge! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally AMAZING - the colouring is awesome and I love the little claw embellie. This is a fabulous piece Donna. Thank you for using my images and for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. YaY !!! Thank you for coming over to play at QUOTH THE RAVEN with your masterpiece Donna :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    QTR Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing fabulous colouring .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, albeit spooky, artwork here! Just amazing, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is great thanks for joining ike's challenge
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant piece of artwork Donna, fabulous colouring and loving the bloody background to go with the image, great bit of theming :) :) :) Thank you so much for joining us at IKEsWORLD. Big hugs, Mimi Jane xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Donna! Love your gruesome composition. Your colouring of the fur & feathers is just Devine. Inspirational! Thank you so much for joining us at Left of Center Creative Challenges for Challenge 89 Inspired by a Song. I hope you can join us again for our next weekly challenge. AELx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how deliciously dark this is. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and so creepy! Wicked great Donna! Thanks so much for playing with us at Dream in Darkness!~CT kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I played with this cat a little while ago. Loving your version of it, awesome combination of images and great backround. Thank you for joining Dream in Darkness -challenge, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo bleeding dead birds... swoon ; ). Love this idea very creative. See you for the official return of Smeared Ink

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic combination of images and the background is so perfect! I like the claw too!
    Thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!