Friday, July 5, 2013

Dilly Beans Frida Kahlo Challenge

Yikes!  I partied so hearty last night that I'm late in posting my Dilly Beans DT card.  The challenge is Frida Kahlo, a Mexican Painter best known for her self portraits.  I became fan from the 2002 movie Frida, in which Salma Hayak played the title role.  Read more about Frida HERE and view some of her fabulous art HERE.  Frida's dramatic use of color and her (and my) fondness for the Mexican Dia de los Muertos holiday inspired me here.  I've used #343 Frida Kahlo and kept her uncolored and added 4 digitally colored squares of #338 Day of the Dead Frida by layering them in my Printmaster Platinum Program.  The only actual coloring I did was to the eyes, lips and roses.  The sentiment is computer generated as well.  the bright floral DP is an ancient DCWV stack and I've matted everything in black to make it pop.  Have to say I kinda love it.  There are scores of fab Frida images in the Dilly Beans Shop (as well as some fab new stuff), and this weekend is a good time to buy. 


It's a BOGO sale through Sunday.  WooHoo!  Deets HERE.

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card... simplistic and colorful! What a great movie, filled with artistic angst!

    :Dxx

    PS: The red, white & blue crabby atc was WWDD (what would Donna do?) inspired with it's googly eyes! True story, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Donna gorgeous design!
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty frida=wonderful....
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the collage look you have goin in this, stunning card kiddo, stay cool, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna, this is very cool and I love the bright colors!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!