Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Haunted Design House Nosferatu Ad nauseum


Well, today I'm doing the mid week inspiration ( 'cause I obviously couldn't get my act together this past weekend) post for Haunted Design House and the theme is Nosferatu Ad nauseum  (Vampires, lots and lots of VAMPIRES).  WooHoo!

Our sponsor this week is Rick St. Dennis.

Rick has a wonderfully dark line of Creepmas images and many
masterfully drawn everyday macabre images.
He also has more mainstream images available as well.

Now not only have the Minions been given some digis to work with, but
BOTH Gruesome Twosomes will win 3 digis of their choice.
I think we will be inundated with entries this week!

There is also a challenge blog called Sparkle and Glitter with Rick St. Dennis,
which features a couple of our own Minions as DT members.
Rick has so many fab vamps in his collection that I had a hard time choosing but then I fell in love with the handsome and irresistible Baron Blood. (I think it was the earring.  I just wanna nibble nibble ear, don't you?) 

I lovingly colored him with a mix of Copics and Prisma Pencils but then made the fatal error of deciding he needed to sparkle.  Out came the Stickles which masked the ab fab job I'd done on his hair.  Now he sorta looks like he just stepped out of the shower (do Vamps shower or do they rely on their natural musky scent to seduce?) which ain't a bad thought either but...  P.S., note the earring, it's a real one and BTW, there is a sparkle in his eye too, but it's not showing up in the pic. 
 As you can see, he be 3D.  Again, a labor of LOVE!  xx
 
The cool vampire bat is another of Rick's that I'd won last year while participating in the 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop over at Smeared Ink (going on now, and you can still win daily prizes) but you can find him HERE in the shop.

Pretty simple card but it wouldn't be complete without a liberal dose of Drippy Goo.  The sentiment is in Alpha Beads, perhaps not the best font but it's the only one they come in and the scale was right and how about them chompers?  Oh yeah, BITE ME and drain me dry, you Bad Boy!

I'm aso entering this in the Sparkle and Glitter with Rick Sweet or Spooky Halloween, and Digital Tuesday Halloween/Spooky.

9 comments:

  1. Jeepers Creepers! Donna, the layers on that guy are fabulous, girl! I think his hair looks terrific and that bat is awesome! Of course you have black alpha beads...why am I not surprised? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this is fabulistic, looks like one of my ex-boy friends, that coloring is glorious and that bat is one of the best I have seen, I could go on, but I guess that is enough, I love it, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you manage to make so many top quality cards etc with all of the dts you are on!! Amazing always xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just terrific! So many cool details and I absolutely loved reading your narrative! Thank you for joining us this week at the Sparkle and Glitter challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is brilliant, what a great creation. Thanks for playing on Sparkle and Glitter with Rick this fortnight. Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Donna this is so freaking awesome. Thanks for playing with us at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick St.Dennis challenge Blog.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is just awesome Donna, really cool
    Thanks for joining our sparkle and glitter challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna - this is just amazing. Love the dimension. Hahaha at the sparkle in his hair- sorry couldn't help myself there. xxx Thank you for sharing this with us at Sparkle & Glitter with RSD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!