Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Haunted Design House "I'm Melting"


I was a little strapped for time this past weekend so my Macabre Monday project is posted today, with the mid-week inspiration.  Our theme is "I'm melting", the challenge is to create a creepy, gothic or Halloween based piece using a melted medium or image such as candles, witches, melted flesh, you get the idea here, don'tcha?  I pulled out my boney finger candy mold (meant for candy covered pretzels) and fashioned a candle.  Not too tough except I burned my own little pinkies stopping up the hole where the pretzel is supposed to rest.  The mold only does one side so after they set, I added the wick and stuck them together with more hot wax.  I did a little shading with Copics and it was good to go.  Perfect for my Dia de los Muertos candle holder.  WooHoo!  Please visit HDH for additional inspiration and come play along, if you dare.

7 comments:

  1. oh my, the night light of fright, love it, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome little display of Halloween frights.
    Love it.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great it looks like melting chocolate-- makes me want chocolate anyway I love it

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cool. What a great re purposung of a candy mold. It has turned out brilliantly. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man! I KNEW I should have bought those finger molds when I was at the store. D'oh! Awesome creation, Donna! Ir looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!