Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot You're Invited Challenge and a Blog Award



This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we focused on invitations of any kind. I went back and forth on what I wanted to do and finally settled on a shower because I wanted to use the little umbrella folder from the Sizzix Baby set. I embossed it in both pink and blue and cut them out by hand. I popped them on a strip of card stock cut with my MS border punch and embossed with a Cuttlebug border folder from the Frills set. I used raindots to embellish and tied sheer little bows. The background paper is cuttled with Swiss Dots (surprise surprise).

The sentiment is from the Cuttlebug Welcome Baby card making combo cut twice and the flower is from the With Gratitude set. The adorable raindrops are also raindots (say that 3 times fast LOL) all atop a Labels 4 Nestie. You've got to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot to see the fun variety of invitations made by my DT sisters and please play along. Custom Crops has offered a $20 gift card for one lucky random participant.


I also received this lovely blog award form my dear friend and Cutting Cafe Design Team sister from across the pond Tracy. Be sure to stop by Tracy's blog to see all of the wonderful things she creates. Thank you so much Tracy it is truly an honor.

8 comments:

  1. Donna, I love the blue and pink umbrellas and all those pretty flowers, sweet, sweet, sweet. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is so cute, love how you did blue and pink and love the strip with the Martha Punch.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and adorable! A perfect shower invitation!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Donna! Love the idea of using the umbrellas...just genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, that is one pretty invite! I can't believe you cut those umbrellas out by hand... I thought they were a die! Love the raindots and that pretty bg paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe like those are the cutest umbrella's ever girl....you are too good..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna - such a sweet little invite. Love the layout...Kris (ps - Yes, chile rellanos are in my future on the weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable Donna love those umbrellas cut out! Gorgeous Invite!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!