Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun with Cricut Markers







I was asked to do an article on Cricut Markers by the folks at Custom Crops. I did a couple of simple cards including recreating the very first marker card from my first attempt. (the snowflakes). These certainly aren't rocket science, but I do like the effect and love how they bring out the details in many of the Cricut cuts. They really are simple to use but there are a few things you MUST drum into your brain to use them successfully. LOL


Certainly you can use the markers without Design Studio, but by playing with them a bit more I discovered some distinct advantages and also the ability to design some coloring pages or cards that would be lots of fun for a child. Because I didn't include any .cut files it is listed under Cricut, not Design Studio. The direct link is HERE. I'd love you to take a look at the article and leave a comment if you have the chance. I know it's a pain to sign in to do that but it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

12 comments:

  1. Super-fan-tabulous!!!! I have the markers and have not even opened them. You have, as always, inspired me!!! Thankx!

    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bumpy pages! You always make such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the markers too and have never opened my either... On my way to custom crops to tell them how lucky they are to have such fabulous designer as you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I don't have a Cricut, but I love the techniques you used here! The outlining of the snowflakes is such a cool effect!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna, you are so creative. I, like the rest of the folks have a drawer full of markers that have not been used, after seeing what you have done with them, I'll have to get them out and give them a try. I'm off to Custom Crop right now to let them know how creative I think you are too! I know how much the comments mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna,

    I have left a blog award for you :)
    on my blog shazzacraft.blogspot.com
    ENJOY!

    cheers and {H}ugs
    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna great article, my markers still sit unused, will have to give that a try. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look awesome Donna!! I also love your cats! How precious!!!

    Lovin' that CB Spot blinkie too! Giggle! I'm glad you are using it! :)

    Hugs gf,
    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jun. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it love how you used the markers great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your work with the markers. your cards are great. the color your own was a great idea children will love them.
    josie walrsth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these! I wish I could get them to work for me as well as you did :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!