Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Double Embossing Challenge and Last Day to Get Blog Candy




This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we were asked to use double embossing on our project which is simply running your cardstock through the Cuttlebug using one folder and then a second time using a different folder for a multi patterned effect. The first pattern flattens slightly but is still visible, but you can also ink the first embossing and it will stand out much more. I used Swiss Dots and Birds and Swirls. The adorable die cut is another Cottage Cutz which is available exclusively from The Scrapping Cottage. I must say I've fallen in love with these dies. I cut the shape out in both white and gold foil cardstock for a bit of a shadow effect and popped them for dimension.
The sentiment is a fabric label I got in the clearance bin at J's. I thought it would be appropriate for either a wedding or anniversary. The border is a peel off and of course I added gold adhesive beads. The border punch is a new one from EK Success. This technique is so much fun that I hope you come and play along at The Cuttlebug Spot and be sure to stop by and see all of the lovely examples created by my Design Team sisters.



I can't believe today is March 31 which means it's the LAST DAY to enter my BLOG CANDY giveaway in honor of my 100+ followers. I'm thrilled to see that that number has reached 161 since announcing the candy. Signing up to follow was not a requirement to enter so I'm honored that so many of you found my blog inspiring enough to do so. Thank you, thank you, thank, you! Click HERE to leave a comment if you haven't already done so. See you tomorrow! (I may be a little late in posting the winner because I have an early a.m. hair appointment and it takes HOURS to keep my hair this red. LOL

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Donna... love the bird cage in 3D... and the color combo...HUGS..SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great effect,i'd never have thought of using two embossing folders together. Gorgeous card!! Hugs T xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, This is just gorgeous Donna! The double embossing is such a wonderful effect and I love that birdcage!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! That bird cage and all the gold detailing is just stunning! BRAVO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this over on the Cuttlebug Spot and immediately knew it was yours!! Your style is so distinctive in creativity and precision!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your birdcage is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna this is one sweet card. I love those dies too - hope to get some one day. Just got my Beach cart so I'll wait a bit. I love the double emblossing - can't wait to that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Donna! Love the bird cage!

    Hugs,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW girlie, I always love visiting YOU! You are so very talented and oh so much inspiration to me! I know, I say that all the time huh? Hee hee! It's the TRUTH! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it's so elegant and your double-embossing looks terrific.... great folder chocies! Loving the bird and cage and I like how you popped it up a bit! Another gorgeous one, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow... your card is wonderful!!! very very nice!!!

    hugs elisabetta

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bird cage card is breathtaking! Really lovely and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna your card is beautiful! So elegant! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh donna, that is just so pretty, love the classy white and gold too xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh Donna! You have out done yourself this week. This card is as amazing as your bunny!

    Again, I want to craft like you someday!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. das ist eine so tolle Karte
    habe sie shon auf dem cuttlebug spot bewundert.

    thanks for your visit on my Blog
    sorry but my english is not so good.

    glg anne2411

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Donna - thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I love your work, but I am curious.... what is a 'scraplift'?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!