Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Happy Tails" Hallmark Scrapbook Challenge





Well, I'm kinda late on this one but I couldn't let it go by. Fortunately there really are no hard and fast deadlines at Hallmark Scrapbook. LOL This card is for the happy wagging dog tail on the Paper Pups cartridge. The very first think I thought of was the old "Happy Trails" song from Roy Rogers. He was my first tv love and I used to go up and kiss the tv screen when he was on (I was 5). anyway, when I saw a cute card posted on the Cricut mb with the same idea I tried to think of another one but to no avail. Unfortunately I didn't write the name of that person down to give her credit but I'm pretty sure our cards aren't that similar.
It really bothers me not to have a shadow version of a cut because I think it adds so much more depth to a project so in those cases I generally cut it twice and off set one of the cuts slightly. Actually I had to do that for all of the cuts on this card. The wagging tail is from Paper Pups, the cowboy hat, neckerchief, the horseshoe from Paper Dolls and the 2 from Mickey font. I layered up a storm on the mats offsetting them all for some interest. I sure wish I could remember where I got that denim paper because I just love it! Even though the tail cut was pretty thin I managed to pop it slightly as I did the hat, 2 and horseshoe. I originally had planned to use the rope cut also from Paper dolls but then I remembered I had some thin leather twine so I tied a lasso and looped it over the doggie and horseshoe. (It's my favorite part!) Of course hindsite (no pun intended) is 20/20. Had I realized I would need some additional embellishment I would have fastened the eyelets appropriately through the corrugated cardstock but it was already totally assembled and I was afraid to screw up my card if I tried so I just smooshed them with my Cropadile and glued them on with Zip glue. If you haven't already, you should check out the challenges at Hallmark Scrapbook. They're just for fun but you can always take a little detour and go shopping while you're at it. LOL

12 comments:

  1. Yippie!! I'm first Donna, this is just too stinkin cute girlfriend! i don't know how you manage to keep coming up with these adorable cards. I thought the same thing when I read the title..hehe, Happy Tails To you. I liked that song too. Keep them coming, they are just adorable!

    Hugz,xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this card is just fabulous! I thought the denim paper was real until I read the details!!. I love the lasso best too ! Lots of fab textures another Donna masterpiece!!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Now you have me humming happy trails... Alas, perhaps it will make my kitchen floor mopping chore a bit happier!!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an imagainiation you have Donna.. this is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are just so darn good.......hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card yet again Donna!!!
    Your cards just keep gettin more fab
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeeeeee haaaaaawwwww.... Giddy-up, cowgirl! OMG! How stinkin' winkin' doggone cute is that! AWESOME! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another beautiful creation. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you've done it again Donna! This is just too adorable! The little lasso is my fav part too!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa little lady! This is rootin' tootin' adorable!! LOL! Sorry, I couldn't help myself!!! You are amazing girlie!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just too dog-gone cute! Love all of your cards and your talent is awe-inspiring! TFS with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!