Friday, December 5, 2008

U Rock





I made this card for the son of one of my BFF's for this 15th birthday. Thank God he plays alot of "Guitar Hero" of I would have been stumped for a theme. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the card back and CD inside. The front was welded in Design Studio using Mickey font and Indie Art on the shadow feature. The "U" was cut again in shiny black cardstock and run through the Cuttlebug using the Diamonds in the Rough folder. The red letters are Bazzill. The guitar is cut several times using charcoal mirror board, shiny black and holographic paper. I used the holographic on the CD inside as well. Stringing the strings was a challenge. The silver wire kept refusing to cooperate (that's why there are only 3 LOL). Used my fave embellie (those adhesive beads from M's) for the tuning thingys. the silver stars inside were peel offs, the red ones and sentiment were from the Birthday Wishes cuttlebug die/emboss combo. Had to make a kickstand for the back so it would stand up. All day I kept saying "Okay, is he really gonna care that I made this for him?" (to myself) but when he opened it he said "WHOA! DID YOU MAKE THIS?" Gotta love him, made my day!

8 comments:

  1. Funnily enough Donna I have a teenage twin brother & sister who's b'day is today and I found my brothers card so challenging!! My sister plays the guitar so I ended up making a guitar card for her and just a trendy coloured card for my bro. Your's is so creative and fab I am sure he was thrilled!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW! WOW!! Do I say that every time I visit here....I can't help it....you amaze me Donna!!! This is awesome girlie!!! I can see why he loved it!!! WOW!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...too may typos in that last one. Take 2
    Ahem.
    This is amazing Donna! That guitar has just left me speechless!
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna I think you're the one who rocks girly!! This card is a masterpiece no wonder he loved it

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, that card rocks girlfriend!! When we were talking on the phone about it, I was unaware that it was so detailed. I love how you created it so open, with the guitar as the main focus. I understand why you rocked his world with your masterpiece! Great card girlfriend, I love it.
    Hugz,
    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rockin' card! Lucky Alex!

    Thanks for stopping by tonight. I don't have your email to extend an invitation to join Paper Craft Planet, but I think you would enjoy it. I know others would be crazy about your craft. You are one talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS CARD!!! I'm a musician (bass guitar) and if someone made this card for me, they'd be in my good graces forever. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! ROCK ON girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!