Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Snowy Village





I love the Snowy Village Cuttlebug folder but have had a hard time using it on a card. When I saw this sort of dark pewtery colored mirror cardstock I thought it looked like the night sky so I tried it with the embossing folder and was quite pleased with the results. Of course I stickled it to bring out the detail. I actually thought the color had blue undertones but when I tried matting it it actually was more purple. I had some new lavender glitter paper from an assorted pad from Best Occasions from WalMart that complimented the color quite well. The snowflake is from the CB emboss/die combo with an added dimensional sticker from Jolee in the center and some adhesive gems. Another smaller sticker was added at the bottom along with a peel off sentiment from Stampendous. The only bad thing about this mirror board is how difficult it is to photograph. The snowflake and mat are silver, not gold as they appear in the first pic.

5 comments:

  1. This is fab Donna I love he stickling (is that a word?lol) on the roofs and you're right the pewter mirror board is perfect for this folder. Gorgeous card!

    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective. I love the embossing. I keep saying I am gonna use my cuttlebug more but then I forget!
    hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This has got to be one of the prettiest cards I've seen made with any of the new embossing folders. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!!! Donna this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!